The original Miss Jones

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Sleeping Beauty Ballet.

Photographs taken from the programme




It is odd to think that I have never been to a ballet in my entire life, and I have been to three in the last six weeks. This one tonight was a spectacular visual experience, but it is not my favorite story, that has to be the Nutcracker followed closely by How Green is My Valley. Whilst the latter is the better story, it did not lend itself to a dance routine as well as the other two, but so cleverly done. That was danced by a different ballet Company though, The Welsh National Ballet, while the other two were danced by The Russian State Ballet Of Siberia.


The Opera season begins in January and we are booking for Tosca - and my most favorite of all time - Carmen. I am looking forward to the New Year - for the first time in over five years.

No comments: