The original Miss Jones

Thursday 17 December 2009

The accidental sack!


This little pottery sack pictured above is my pride and joy! Not only was it made by yours truly, but is was an accident - a fluke! It is made of paper clay, the first time that I had used this form of clay, and it started life as a holder for a tea-light to use over Christmas. I moved it from the modelling board to the desk, gathered up the cloth from the modelling board,which unbeknown to me had a stray thread which was stuck to the clay. I pulled the cloth to fold it and the candle holder fell to the floor.
When I retrieved it, this is what I found! The tutor decided to fire it and I painted it. This is the result. I have filled it with chocolate ormaments for Christmas for the grandchildren. I could never had modelled a Santa sack like this - 'I'm not clever enough!!!

No comments: