The original Miss Jones

Thursday 20 May 2010

Scriffito Dish




This is called scriffito work. A Sudanese design that was not difficult to do, but time consuming and painstaking.





I finally picked up my sciffito dish from pottery class today. It has been hanging about for five months! Three weeks to make it and four months waiting to go in the kiln!


It makes me quite annoyed that a professional tutor so blatantly puts work forward for firing for those more talented, long serving pupils; leaving those of us that are less popular with her, and not as talented as she would like, to wait at the and of the queue.


My friend has already left the class for this reason after writing to the tutor saying why. She was promptly asked back with promises of more attention. She refused as she felt things would not change. If I leave for the same reason, things might change, but I doubt it unless I write to the Education authority. If I do that she could loose her job and I don't know if I can live with that. Why is it some people have to make things difficult for others and ultimately get away with it? This lady knows exactly what she is doing.

No comments: